On this date in 1970, Earth Day was celebrated for the very first time. Since then, people all over the world take part in honoring the Earth on this annual holiday. Today, the Muster team took some time to show our support for protecting the environment, and we hope you do too! Here are a few ways your office can celebrate Earth Day:
- Switch up your commute for the day. If you are lucky enough to live fairly close to your association's office, bike to work! One less passenger off the road for 1 day can save over 32 pounds of CO2!
- Share local groceries with your colleagues and simultaneously support local farms and producers. Considering planing a team luncheon or take a few minutes during an afternoon break where your team can gather and sample new foods and organic groceries. Members of our team at Muster have been signed up with a local farm where they have the chance to pick up fresh, local groceries. Shopping local is a great way to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Don’t forget to encourage your colleagues to bring lunch to work and use reusable mugs, cups and dishes.
- E-cycle your electronic waste. If your office is tossing old computer or TVs to make room for new pieces, make sure you are doing it safely and in an environmentally-friendly way!
- Buy eco-friendly cleaning products for your office. There is no easier way to create an eco-friendly office than by choosing “green” office products, which you will use on a daily and weekly basis.
- Get some office plants. Plants help freshen the office air quality, serve as mood booster, and increase productivity and creativity!
- Spread awareness and make sure everyone in your office knows it’s Earth Day! It’s an important day of celebration that brings all of humanity together. Share graphics and images on your social media outlets, and make sure your community is aware! The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and The Nature Conservancy are sponsoring a hashtag event, #NatureSelfie, so take a team photo and participate on Instagram!
- Most importantly, remember that every day truly is an Earth Day. April 22 is simply a day of re-acknowledging the need to protect and care for our home. Happy Earth Day everyone!