Grassroots advocacy software is a key component to any nonprofit's public policy efforts and they give organizations a leg up in engaging their member and supporter networks with elected officials. As the advocacy software space continues to grow nonprofits will have access to newer and better tools. We've put together a list (in no particular order) of some of the top available options for nonprofits:
(Blog Updated 10/28/2019 to reflect changes in grassroots advocacy software market)
- Muster - Muster works with a wide range of nonprofit organizations. Our online advocacy and communications software provides an affordable and effective way for organizations to engage their members on legislative initiatives at the local, state, and federal levels.
- The Soft Edge - A suite of grassroots engagement tools for organizations with legislative tracking, advocacy day management, and advocate mapping.
- Quorum - Branded as "Software Built For Public Affairs", they have powerful tools for policy professionals from stakeholder engagement to legislative tracking.
- One Click Politics - An advocacy platform suited for organizations that drive traffic to their website to participate in “action alerts.” Similar to Muster, the platform provides an embeddable widget that can be posted on an organization’s website or on social media.
- VoterVoice by FiscalNote - A popular grassroots advocacy platform based in Louisiana and recently acquired by FiscalNote.
- Salsa Labs - Nonprofit management platform geared toward public charities. Their comprehensive range of products and services includes everything from a CRM to advocacy software.
- Phone2Action - Advocacy Software for Grassroots Marketing Campaigns, Phone2Action is most notable for their text engagement capabilities along with other powerful advocate engagement tools.
Here at Muster we are proud of the easy-to-use and powerful software that our customers use to impact public policy. Our grassroots software is an excellent fit for any organization, you can read some of our success stories here! With that being said, we do acknowledge that there are other grassroots advocacy software providers that are effective at providing tools to meet an organization’s policy needs.
Before deciding on any grassroots advocacy software, be sure to weigh the pros and cons of each service and think about your long term strategy.